Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My device
I purchased a "MyGica 1900 Pro" Android box from Amazon.ca
It came with a good remote, air mouse with full set of controls on the front and full keyboard on the back. A bit annoying having to flip it over but it's not the end of the world. lol
One neat feature is the ability to open up the back of the box and insert your own computer hard drive. It's good if you have a lot of pics and videos. I don't use that feature as I only need the box for Kodi. An added hard drive also adds heat and draws more electricity.
What I don't like is MyGica's inability to update the operating software. The box came with Android 5 "Lollypop" which is now outdated software. If you want newer software, you have to buy a newer model. Considering the fact I paid about $150 for this thing, I would expect better software support.
Other than that, I've had no real issues with the box. It does what I need it to do.
I can't comment on the WiFi receiver as I have it hard wired to my WiFi range extender.
Using Kodi 18.2 with the Xenon Build 19.1 on a PC and on a MyGica 1900 Pro Android Box
Just a small update.
I see MyGiga has finally come out with a OS update. However, it's a "beta" release and they have stated it will always be "beta" because it's something they pieced together. They also warn you to be careful how you install it as it could screw up your android box.
Needless to say, my confidence level for MyGiga isn't very high so I'm not doing anything that comes at a risk. I will also avoid this company for any future purchases. It's like buying a computer that wasn't made to allow upgrades to it's operating system. Nono
Using Kodi 18.2 with the Xenon Build 19.1 on a PC and on a MyGica 1900 Pro Android Box